Meta tags allow you to supply additional information about your pages and site. These tags are not readable by humans, however they do appear to search engines. It's important to note that meta tags are not a magic silver bullet - in order to increase your search engine ranking, you should focus on the actual content that is human readable on your site, ie. the text on your pages. With that said, here are instructions to modify the meta description and keywords for your site's pages.
The meta description tag is intended to be a brief and concise summary of your page's content, kind of like your store summary.
- Login to your site
- Click PAGES in the top right
- The sitemap for your site appears. Hover over the page you wish to edit and click the edit icon (the small pencil and paper).
- On the right-hand side, you will see a grey box - click Show Advanced SEO Options
- Enter your Meta Description and Meta Keywords in the boxes below
- Meta Description ** - Very important because it's often used by search engines as your site description in search results. Use 15-20 words, starting with several strategic keywords (170 characters). Make it compelling and relevant to receive qualified traffic.
- Meta Keywords ** - List your strategic keyword phrases up to a maximum of 744 characters. Use keywords that are relevant to the page, with or without commas.
- Click Save Changes in the bottom left
** Note: Suggestions gathered from pandia.com